Thursday, May 04, 2006

Oddities Meme

Satya tagged me onto this…
The Meme rules:
Once you are tagged you MUST write a blog entry about your 10 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next six people to be tagged and list their names.

I am an adventurer, I love exploring and traveling the world
I am a complete foodie and love to visit all kinds of food places right from a small eatery crammed amidst a chawl to a shady bar to a fancy Italian or Thai restaurant to a swanky restaurant in an five star
I love to soak and experience the culture and traditions of the places I visit. For e.g when I go on a backpack trip, I travel in the local modes of transport,( cycles ricks, local buses etc), speak to locals, try a visit a local family, try their cuisine, visit their religious places, learn about their traditions etc
I love to try out different things, especially when it means breaking the norms for e.g. Taking the last train home, traveling at odd hours in rickshaws, visiting an eatery where women are not allowed.Visiting a dance bar is one of the things that i have been wanting to do for ages
I love to walk and trek. The longest I have probably walked is from Kandivali to Siddhivinayak, a cool 6 hours. I also like to run, but the longest I have run is about 7 km at the marathon.
I love to walk through the streets of any city, town or village observing the intricacies of the place the people. There is always something new to discover with every walk even if its repeated
I love reading, mostly Indian fiction. Shantaram and Maximum city are my favorite books.
I hate crowded trains, maybe coz I haven’t learnt to get in to them and Dadar station
I get very irritated with people who make false promises.
I love watching the sea, sunset and sunrise

Six people who should do this:
(if you haven't already done it)

Mr brownstone, bombayroads, veena, fuzzyworld,shaheer
manfrommiddleeast

If you may wonder WTF is meme

Its an idea, project, statement or even a question that is posted by one blog and responded to by other blogs. Although the term encompasses much of the natural flow of communication in the Blogosphere
www.fzelders.nl/weblog/

3 comments:

Surath Chatterji said...

well dhruti ...i will do that...but i am sory that i will be late...as in thats not possible b4 14 May....will be off to Pune via ur city...so will surely do that after I come back....
Apologies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey DD, now u r pushing me to visit the place.. i have heard its a nice place too... and if u give th eplace 3 stars i better visit it :) keep the reviews commming.... very well described... kul

kb said...

Hey Madame,
Maximum city yes....Shantaram no...For more please check out my post on http://weedwanderer.blogspot.com..
Kb